We take the privacy of our users very seriously. Our policy is written to be clear, and understandable. Please let us know if you have any privacy concerns that have not been addressed by sending a message via our contact form.
We’ll start by getting a few definitions out of the way that should help you understand this policy. When we say "we", "us", and "Veesp" we’re referring to SIA "Veesp" acting under Latvian Republic legislation (a member of European Union), the provider of web hosting services to Clients around the world on the Veesp platform built on infrastructure of OOO "Fishnet Communications" data-center, current only location of the platform, located in Saint-Petersburg, Russia and regulated by Russian Federation legislation. When we say “you” or “Client,” we’re referring to the person or entity that’s registered with us to use the services - products and solutions we provide, together with the "Website" veesp.com, the “Services”.
Main questions and answers
- How do we handle your information stored with us? We are committed to protecting information stored with us and employ a variety of security technologies and measures intended to protect it from unauthorized access. However we advise you to keep your information encrypted.
- How do we process your financial information and credit card information in particular? For this matter we use third party payment processing companies which collect and store your financial information, such companies as PayPal or ASSIST.
- When we might disclose your Personal Data? The only circumstance under which we are obliged to disclose your personal data is when we receive a legal request from the Russian Federation state agency which was issued under an appropriate RF law. This question deserves special attention, and is described in further details in Legal requirements paragraph.
Data we collect
- Information from your Use of the Service: We may get information about how and when you use the Services. This information may include your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions taken by you within the application.
- Cookies, tracking pixels and related technologies: When you visit Veesp website, it uses "cookies" dropped by us or third parties. "Cookies" are strings of code, on your computer. We use those cookies to collect information about when you visit our Website, when you use the Services, your browser type and version, your operating system, and other similar information. Cookies may also be used to track how you use the site to target ads to you on other websites. You can opt out of receiving ads, this is described in further details in How is your data being used paragrpah #12. You may also delete cookies that have been placed on your computer by following the instructions on your browser, but if you block our cookies, it may be more difficult (and maybe even impossible) to use the Services.
How is your data being used
- To promote use of our Services. For example, if you leave your Personal Data when you visit our Website and don’t sign up for any of the Services, we may send you an email asking whether you want to sign up. And if you use any of our Services, and we think you might benefit from using another Service we offer, we may send you an email telling you about it.
- To bill and collect money owed to us. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need a different billing information. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing (such as PayPal or Assist), and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments.
- To enforce compliance with our Terms of Service and applicable law. This may include developing tools and algorithms that help us prevent violations.
- To provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of our Clients and third parties, as well as our own.
- To meet Russian Federation legal requirements like complying with court orders, valid subpoenas and Federal Security Service.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar proceeding.
- To communicate with you about your account for informational, not promotional, reasons.
- To send you informational and promotional content. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
- To target advertising on other sites based on your activity. Third parties (such as AdRoll) may target advertising on other sites based on your online activity. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertising (for example, a link to the DAA opt-out site www.aboutads.info or the NAI opt-out site at optout.networkadvertising.org, or for those in Europe, the EDAA opt out site at www.youronlinechoices.com).
SIA "Veesp" is acting under Latvian Republic legislation (a member of European Union), meanwhile Veesp platform is built on infrastructure of Fishnet Communications LTD data-center, current only location of the platform, located in Saint-Petersburg, Russia, which is regulated by Russian Federation legislation, meaning that all the information processed within Veesp has to meet Russian Federation legal requirements.
Further details on meeting Russian Federation legal requirements:
Respect for the privacy and security of data you store with Veesp underpins our approach to complying with these legal requests. When we receive a legal request, our team reviews the request to make sure it satisfies legal requirements and our policies. Generally speaking, for us to comply, the request must be made in writing, signed by an authorized official of the requesting agency and issued under an appropriate law. If we believe a request is overly broad, we’ll seek to narrow it. We notify users about legal demands when appropriate, unless prohibited by law or court order.
The government needs legal process—such as a subpoena, court order or Federal Security Service order—to force Veesp to disclose user information.
A detailed description of Federal Law #152-FZ on Personal Data can be found here: http://pd.rkn.gov.ru/authority/p146/p164/
We keep logs of Clients’ activity and Personal Data for at least 36 months. This is done to comply with Federal Law #152-FZ on Personal Data but most important for the purpose of diagnosing and fixing problems, which are often reported to us weeks or months after they occur. While traffic logs are normally kept for 12 months.
Backups and logs may be kept longer than these limits in special circumstances. For example, if a problem is taking a long time to resolve, logs relevant to that investigation may be retained. Or if a server that contains backups or logs is temporarily offline because of a fault, then those backups or logs may not be deleted until the server is brought back up.
These situations are unusual, however, and when they do occur, they are temporary.
We are committed to protecting Personal Data. To do so we employ a variety of security technologies and measures intended to protect our information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Veesp has a corporate policy in place that requires all personnel not to disclose Personal Data to any third party that is not entitled to have that information. Please note, however, that Veesp can not fully eliminate security risks associated with the collection, disclosure and storage of your information and that mistakes and security breaches may occur. We do not guarantee or warrant that such techniques will prevent unauthorized access to information about you that we store, Personal Data or otherwise.